The Olive Writers and the American Language Center Casablanca are pleased to announce the Olive Writers Short Story Contest.
The contest is organized to celebrate the creative potential of emerging writers in Morocco. We believe in you! Grab your pen and start writing, no subject is off-limits!
The contest is supported by the U.S. Embassy Morocco through the U.S. State Department's AEIF 2019.
- Moroccan residents, between the ages of 16-26.
- International students in Morocco are eligible to participate in the contest.
Deadline for Submission:
The 30th of May (midnight).
Guidelines and Rules:
- The submission must be a short story of 1,500 words maximum.
- The short story must be written in English or Arabic.
- Only one short story per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
The Short Stories must be sent to the following email email@example.com .
- All stories must be submitted via email only, following these guidelines:
name “Short Story Contest-Last Name.”
2. Include a cover page in your Word document. This cover
page should state your full name, mailing address, email
address, ID picture , a phone number where you can be
reached and the name of your educational institution, if any.
3. Use the subject line “Short Story Submission” for your
email and attach your short story submission to the body of the
- No part of the short story shall be plagiarized. Only original work will be considered for the competition. No part of your story should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication elsewhere or for any other contest. Any form of plagiarism will result in the essay’s disqualification.
- The members of the organizing committee and the panel of readers and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All entries agree to give the Olive Writers first publication rights. After publication, you can use your work in a different publication. All writers will retain copyright ownership of their work.
All prizes will be awarded at a Closing Ceremony of the Olive Writers Summer Camp 2021. Winners who can't make it to the ceremony will mailed their award.
- Grand Prize:
Scholarship to attend
TOW Summer Camp 2021, valued at $1200.
- First Place: $150 (In each language category).
- Second Place:
$120 (In each language category).
- Third Place: $100 (In each language category).
- The top short stories will be published in an in-print anthology at the end of the year.
- Shortlisted short stories will be published in an e-book anthology and on our magazine after the results have been announced.
- Both winning and shortlisted writers will receive a certificate.